Leather is a brilliant material to use on furniture in the home. Not only does it withstand the wear and tear of everyday life – you need have no fear of upending even red wine on real leather – it weathers beautifully over the years, lending character which just can’t be found in mass made furniture. Investing in a piece of furniture upholstered in leather means that you can enjoy it for years – decades! – to come. Here are but a few of the stunning vintage leather designs we have in the Vinterior collection…
- Strong clean lines can sometimes lead to a design looking somewhat austere. This certainly isn’t the case with this beautiful 1960s vintage sofa. Softened by the caramel warmth of the tan leather, the design is both sophisticated and inviting. We also like the added bolster cushions which make it perfect for stretching out on!
2. This magnificent pair of antique leather armchairs belong to almost any setting. Whether you’re creating a comfortable rustic country house feel or something a bit more grandiose and elegant, these statement chairs look like they could tell a tale or two from the last century and are definitely very comfortable for curling up in.
3. This stylish 80s daybed makes for fantastic additional seating. The buttery quality of the leather enhances its character and blends wonderfully with many other references in a room, whether the space embodies a colourful, varied approach or calm minimalist feel.
4. This chaise longue is an elegant piece to add to any room. Its faded charm lends instant vintage character and the ergonomic design means that it not only looks cool but also feels incredibly comfortable and encourages healthy posture as you kick back with the newspaper. No slouching!
6. Perhaps you prefer to veer more towards the second half of the twentieth century when it comes to armchairs. The unusual curving base of these 1970 chairs mean that there’s no chance of them fading into the background! Lovers of unique design will appreciate this less conventional feature and enjoy sitting back with a hot brew.
7. Leather has traditionally been used to furnish luxurious dining seating. We really like this updated mid century take on this practise, combining sleek wooden frames with comfortable leather seats. Natural materials, like leather and wood, complement each other beautifully and bring together rich natural tones.
Image credit: Homepolish.com