Greaves & Thomas is one of Britain’s most celebrated furniture brands. Established in the early 1900s, the company focused on growing its range of lounge furniture with a focus on fashionable upholstery. By the mid 20th century, Greaves & Thomas had expanded its collection to include sideboards, dining tables and mirrors. These designs played second fiddle to none when compared against competitor mid century brands. Characterised by graceful frames and simple contours, Greaves & Thomas pioneered many designs in the UK typical of mid century modernism. The company strived to refine its processes to ensure that all designs embodied current trends in furniture. Today, Greaves & Thomas designs are much sought over. Below is a selection of some leading pieces in the Vinterior collection… enjoy!
- An exceptional Greaves & Thomas sofa bed with two accompanying lounge chairs upholstered in elegant black leather.
2. A graceful sweeping armchair from Greaves & Thomas, produced in the 1960s.
3. A chic set of four Greaves & Thomas teak dining chairs upholstered in a grass green fabric.
4. A Danish influenced teak Greaves & Thomas sideboard with signature mid century curling lip handles.
5. A stunning reclining lounge chair designed by Greaves & Thomas upholstered in royal blue velvet.